Do You Have a Desire to Help Others?
SeniorCare Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is committed to the employment of highly qualified candidates and providing those individuals with the opportunity to work in a friendly environment comprised of people who share a desire to help fulfill and support our mission.
Consider joining our team!
We believe every individual’s unique life experience helps us make a positive impact on our consumers, thus every position within SeniorCare contributes to helping our consumers to live more independently within our communities.
When you join SeniorCare, you make a difference in the lives of elders, and adults with disabilities, every day.
SeniorCare is committed to serving a diverse consumer population and fulfilling our agency mission through employee, volunteer and business partners who reflect this diversity.
SeniorCare offers a competitive benefit package for eligible employees*
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Flex Time Policy
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
*A more complete listing of employee benefits and eligibility is found in the SeniorCare Employee Handbook.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Community Health Worker
Funded under a grant from the Health Policy Commission, the Community Health Worker (CHW) position was created to reduce hospital Emergency Department utilization by connecting socially complex and behavioral health patients to services. Working under a licensed social worker, the CHW will work directly with at-risk patients, families and caregivers in all settings, including homes, to assess their ability to care for themselves. They will assist patients in connecting with any and all available resources, with the goal of improving the patient’s quality of life and avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations.
As part of the Behavioral Health Team this position will:
- Establish and maintain a supportive relationship with patients at a frequency determined by patient need, including motivational interviewing and non-judgmental listening.
- Provide case management services, coordination of provider care, linkages to supports, facilitating referrals to social services, assisting in access to treatment, psycho educational support, housing services, and transportation arrangements.
- Provide input to LSW on treatment plans, fulfill assigned treatment plan duties, and address obstacles to patient compliance with outpatient treatment.
- Facilitate alternatives to Emergency Department Visits through maintaining awareness of patient functioning and service provisions to address symptoms through alternate providers.
We seek candidates with BA/BS in psychology, social work or related field, who have their own transportation, ability to perform outreach services, knowledge of medical terminology and health care plans and familiarity with PC’s/MS Office software applications. Hospital experience and/or 1-2 years in patient care within a Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse setting is preferred.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday during standard office hours. It is a grant funded position through December 2017, with the potential for renewal. This position is an employee of SeniorCare Inc. through a partnership with Lahey Health System (AGH and Beverly Hospitals). (updated 8/16/2017)
All Candidates may submit letters of interest and resumes with salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, SeniorCare Inc. 49 Blackburn Center, Gloucester MA 01930. Qualified veteran, minority, female, disabled, bilingual and LGBTQ candidates of all ages, religions and national origins are encouraged to apply. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective interns, or their advisers, may contact us at 978-281-1750 or 1-866-927-1050.
Please see our Volunteer section.