Do You Have a Desire to Help Others?
SeniorCare Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is committed to the employment of highly qualified candidates and providing those individuals with the opportunity to work in a friendly environment comprised of people who share a desire to help fulfill and support our mission.
Consider joining our team!
We believe every individual’s unique life experience helps us make a positive impact on our consumers, thus every position within SeniorCare contributes to helping our consumers to live more independently within our communities.
When you join SeniorCare, you make a difference in the lives of elders, and adults with disabilities, every day.
SeniorCare is committed to serving a diverse consumer population and fulfilling our agency mission through employee, volunteer and business partners who reflect this diversity.
SeniorCare offers a competitive benefit package for eligible employees*
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Flex Time Policy
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
*A more complete listing of employee benefits and eligibility is found in the SeniorCare Employee Handbook.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Community Health Worker (Two Full Time Openings)
Funded under a grant from the Health Policy Commission, the Community Health Worker (CHW) position was created to reduce hospital Emergency Department utilization by connecting socially complex and behavioral health patients to services. Working under a licensed social worker, the CHW will work directly with at-risk patients, families and caregivers in all settings, including homes, to assess their ability to care for themselves. They will assist patients in connecting with any and all available resources, with the goal of improving the patient’s quality of life and avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations.
As part of the Behavioral Health Team this position will:
- Establish and maintain a supportive relationship with patients at a frequency determined by patient need, including motivational interviewing and non-judgmental listening.
- Provide case management services, coordination of provider care, linkages to supports, facilitating referrals to social services, assisting in access to treatment, psycho educational support, housing services, and transportation arrangements.
- Provide input to LSW on treatment plans, fulfill assigned treatment plan duties, and address obstacles to patient compliance with outpatient treatment.
- Facilitate alternatives to Emergency Department Visits through maintaining awareness of patient functioning and service provisions to address symptoms through alternate providers.
We seek candidates with BA/BS in psychology, social work or related field, who have their own transportation, ability to perform outreach services, knowledge of medical terminology and health care plans and familiarity with PC’s/MS Office software applications. Hospital experience and/or 1-2 years in patient care within a Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse setting is preferred.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday during standard office hours. It is a grant funded position through December 2017, with the potential for renewal. This position is an employee of SeniorCare Inc. through a partnership with Lahey Health System (AGH and Beverly Hospitals). (posted 7/13/2017)
Part-Time Meals on Wheels Driver, Beverly, MA
Working for SeniorCare to deliver Meals on Wheels is more than a job – it’s an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. SeniorCare has a mission: helping older adults and people with disabilities live independently in their homes while remaining part of the community. We are seeking a driver to deliver healthy, wholesome meals in Beverly, approximately two hours per day, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), beginning around 10:00 a.m. Additional hours may be possible.
We seek a punctual, dependable, caring individual. Requirements include:
- Valid Massachusetts’ driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Must pass motor vehicle and CORI check.
- Ability to work independently while adhering to established procedures, including confirmation that consumers appear safe and well upon meal delivery.
- Ability to follow a driving route and route sheet.
- Must be able to climb stairs and carry at least 30 pounds. This position requires frequent entry and exit from vehicle, bending, reaching and lifting.
- Good rapport with older adults and people with disabilities
- Beverly resident or demonstrated knowledge of Beverly roads preferred.
Compensation is $11.25 per route hour plus mileage reimbursement. This is a non-benefitted position. (posted 7/13/2017)
Congregate Housing Coordinator
This position will be approximately 16 hours per week, with hours able to be flexibly occurring across weekday business hours.
The Congregate Housing Coordinator (CHC) is responsible for the Supportive Services component of the Congregate Housing at Upton Place in Beverly, MA. The CHC performs outreach/marketing to targeted populations to acquire and sustain occupancy of 90% in collaboration with the Beverly Housing Authority and the MAT team selection review board. Additional responsibilities include community presentations on congregate housing options for elders and adults with disabilities and educating both referral sources and potential tenants.
The CHC will develop, maintain and update supportive plans for tenants, including service coordination, monitoring, conflict resolution and documentation. Encouraging independence and enhancing the quality of life for each tenant is an important part of this role.
A Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, nursing, or a related field is preferred but may not be required dependent upon experience. LSW licensure is preferred but not required. Experience working with older people and/or experience working in a community service setting is desired. Experience should demonstrate the ability to: work independently, establish effective client/case manager relationships, utilize a computer for accurate documentation, assess needs and develop individualized, goal oriented service plans. (posted 2/15/2017)
All Candidates may submit letters of interest and resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, SeniorCare Inc. 49 Blackburn Center, Gloucester MA 01930. Qualified veteran, minority, female, disabled, bilingual and LGBTQ candidates of all ages, religions and national origins are encouraged to apply. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective interns, or their advisers, may contact us at 978-281-1750 or 1-866-927-1050.
Please see our Volunteer section.