Do You Have a Desire to Help Others?
SeniorCare Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is committed to the employment of highly qualified candidates and providing those individuals with the opportunity to work in a friendly environment comprised of people who share a desire to help fulfill and support our mission.
Consider joining our team!
We believe every individual’s unique life experience helps us make a positive impact on our consumers, thus every position within SeniorCare contributes to helping our consumers to live more independently within our communities.
When you join SeniorCare, you make a difference in the lives of elders, and adults with disabilities, every day.
SeniorCare is committed to serving a diverse consumer population and fulfilling the Agency mission through employee, volunteer and business partners who reflect this diversity. This ongoing effort will include continually educating ourselves on the needs of both those we serve and employ and the deliberate inclusion of their perspectives in the activities of this organization.
SeniorCare offers a competitive benefit package for eligible employees*
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Flex Time Policy
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
*A more complete listing of employee benefits and eligibility is found in the SeniorCare Employee Handbook.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Accounting and Human Resources Coordinator
Full Time Position – Gloucester MA
SeniorCare is looking for an Accounting and Human Resources Coordinator to join their team. Reporting to the CFO, this role is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll, performing payroll and other general ledger account reconciliations, processing cash receipts, following up on accounts receivable, overseeing the consumer billing process and other duties as assigned.
- Bi-weekly processing of payroll including data input and analysis of all salary information and ensuring that all payroll items are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Recording all payroll activity in the General Ledger and calculating and posting quarterly payroll accruals.
- Completing the allocation of benefits expenses to all departments on a quarterly basis
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare daily cash receipts deposits and corresponding journal entries
- Maintain and improve upon current Payroll processes. Ability to make recommendations and continuously improve processes is a must have attribute for this position.
- Ability to correctly onboard/terminate employees and to question payroll items (pay and deductions) during the process.
- Assist in year-end payroll reporting as well as annual audit activities
- Assist other staff with invoicing and posting payment, accounts receivable reconciliations and claims billing
- Publicize job openings, tracking applicants, conducting screenings, completing offer letters and onboarding and exit documents
- Coordinate benefits including bill payments, tracking enrollment rosters, maintaining materials, orienting staff in benefit offerings, assisting in ADP enrollment, answering questions, and participating in benefit fairs.
- Process leaves of absence, disability, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Track training and performance appraisal completion. Notify employees and supervisors of outstanding items.
- Compile staffing trend reports such as hours, turnover and staffing counts.
- Perform other accounting, financial, HR or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the CFO or Director of Human Resources.
- Associates degree, preferably in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance/accounting/payroll role and at least 1 year of related HR experience
- Attention to detail, high level of confidentiality, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and account reconciliations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Gaining awareness and sensitivity to policies/regulations and applying them as needed in job responsibilities.
- Patient, customer service oriented person interested in enhancing staff job satisfaction and overall organizational effectiveness. \
- Excellent administrative and computer skills
Money Management Program Manager – Part-time, 27 hours per week, 4-day work week possible
SeniorCare is seeking the right candidate to oversee the day to day operations of our Money Management Program. This is an ideal opportunity to manage a volunteer-driven program known for the benefit it provides to those who need assistance with managing household budgets, and their checkbooks.
Responsibilities include recruiting, training and matching of volunteers with low-income consumers, establishment and oversight of representative payee program and direct provision of money management services.
This individual will provide ongoing training and supervision for volunteers, determine program eligibility, and provide direct money management services when needed. Community outreach activities, tracking of monthly statistics and conducting additional grant-related services as needed will also be involved
We are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, or equivalent experience. Demonstrated experience should include:
- Two or more years program management experience; demonstrated experience recruiting, training and supervising volunteers preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to conduct effective group presentations and outreach.
- Previous experience working with elders and/or low-income populations preferred
- Proven ability to manage financial resources.
- Computer literacy.
(posted 6/28/2018, updated 7/17/2018)
All Candidates may submit letters of interest and resumes with salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, SeniorCare Inc. 49 Blackburn Center, Gloucester MA 01930. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective interns, or their advisers, may contact us at 978-281-1750 or 1-866-927-1050.
Please see our Volunteer section.