Do You Have a Desire to Help Others?
SeniorCare Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is committed to the employment of highly qualified candidates and providing those individuals with the opportunity to work in a friendly environment comprised of people who share a desire to help fulfill and support our mission.
Consider joining our team!
We believe every individual’s unique life experience helps us make a positive impact on our consumers, thus every position within SeniorCare contributes to helping our consumers to live more independently within our communities.
When you join SeniorCare, you make a difference in the lives of elders, and adults with disabilities, every day.
SeniorCare is committed to serving a diverse consumer population and fulfilling the Agency mission through employee, volunteer and business partners who reflect this diversity. This ongoing effort will include continually educating ourselves on the needs of both those we serve and employ and the deliberate inclusion of their perspectives in the activities of this organization.
SeniorCare offers a competitive benefit package for eligible employees*
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Flex Time Policy
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
*A more complete listing of employee benefits and eligibility is found in the SeniorCare Employee Handbook.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Community Health Worker
Funded under a grant from the Health Policy Commission, the Community Health Worker (CHW) position was created to reduce hospital utilization by connecting socially complex and behavioral health patients to services. The CHW will work directly with at-risk patients, families and caregivers in all settings, including homes, to assess their ability to care for themselves. They will assist patients in connecting with any and all available resources, with the goal of improving the patient’s quality of life and avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations.
The current opening will primarily be based in the office at Lahey Health (AGH Gloucester) with an administrative focus executing duties through phone calls, assisting in program reporting administration, following up on referrals initiated by CHWs in the field and occasionally conducting direct patient visits in the community.
As part of the High Risk Transition Team this position will:
- Establish and maintain a supportive relationship with patients at a frequency determined by patient need, including motivational interviewing and non-judgmental listening.
- Provide case management services, coordination of provider care, linkages to supports, facilitating referrals to social services, assisting in access to treatment, psycho educational support, housing services, and transportation arrangements.
- Provide input to LSW on treatment plans, fulfill assigned treatment plan duties, and address obstacles to patient compliance with outpatient treatment.
- Facilitate alternatives to Emergency Department Visits through maintaining awareness of patient functioning and service provisions to address symptoms through alternate providers.
We seek candidates with BA/BS in psychology, social work or related field, who have their own transportation, ability to perform outreach services, knowledge of medical terminology and health care plans and familiarity with PC’s/MS Office software applications. Hospital experience and/or 1-2 years in patient care within a Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse setting is preferred.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday during standard office hours. It is a grant funded position through April 2018, with the potential for renewal. This position is an employee of SeniorCare Inc. through a partnership with Lahey Health System (AGH and Beverly Hospitals). (posted 1/3/2018)
Protective Services Caseworker
This is a full time position, 35 hours per week. The schedule will be Monday – Friday during standard office hours. An extensive benefit package is associated with this position.
This position investigates and manages cases of elder abuse, neglect, financial exploitation and self-neglect. It requires clinical skills to assess, interview and provide interventions to mitigate conditions that place elders at risk, in order to allow them to remain safely in their community whenever possible.
A high level of training and supervision are provided. A Master’s Degree in Human Services OR a BS and 2 years’ experience, including documentation and computer skills, are required. Experience doing in-home assessments or LSW preferred. The demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment is also required.
We have a great Protective Services Team, highly regarded in our community, serving the interests of victims of abuse, their families and their caregiver network. We work closely with the judicial, mental health and other systems as appropriate, under the guidance of the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, and as an integral part of the umbrella of services offered through SeniorCare Inc. (posted 9/26/2017)
Lifetime SIMS Trainer
Lifetime Care Solutions, Inc.
The Lifetime SIMS Training Manager (LTM) will be responsible for developing, coordinating and providing training and training support to Lifetime member ASAP/AAAs with a primary focus on the SIMS/SAMS suite which includes but not limited to APS, NAPIS, and Harmony related products. He or she will work in conjunction with designated local agency training and client service liaisons to provide staff with basic training and additional training support. The LTM will work with local liaisons to develop advanced SIMS/SAMS training curricula in order to take advantage of potential efficiencies and productivity gains afforded by the software package including but not limited to the generation and use of management report writing capabilities. He/she will work with member subject matter experts in the development and application of those data reports within the SIM/SAMS suite using primarily Microsoft Access tools.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to designated Lifetime agency senior SIMS staff liaison(s).The LTM will be an employee of one of the seven participating Lifetime agencies for salary and benefit related purposes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To become an expert in the operation and functions of the SIMS/SAMS software suite and all its client related applications at the ASAP/AAA level for the purposes of staff training and management reporting.
- To serve as the point person to develop and provide, on regular basis, training for those new and current staff who use the SIMS/SAMS client related applications across the seven Lifetime agencies.
- To work with designated Lifetime member agency staff to create and utilize SIMS/SAMS report writing capabilities for quality assurance and overall program and fiscal management purposes.
- To coordinate scheduling and applicable priority setting activities with the President of Lifetime, or his or her designee, one to two member agency designated subject matter experts
- To work with Lifetime agency liaisons to identify approaches and processes to increase staff productivity by enhancing proficiency in using the SIMS/SAMS suite..
- To analyze new or updated SIMS/SAMS software releases to determine recommendations for training and support activities.
- To track and document problematic trends and major issues with the SIMS/SAMS software application and to recommend “fixes” or process changes, in conjunction with member agency SIMS/SAMS liaisons, that will resolve or mitigate these issues with a focus on the client service applications.
- To report monthly to the Lifetime designated supervisor and periodically to the full Board of Directors of Lifetime on progress in training and use of the SIMS/SAMS software client service related applications.
- To participate in training, committees and conferences related to the SIMS/SAMS product as appropriate to maintain an advanced level of proficiency for the purpose of disseminating ‘best practices” to agency staff.
- To perform other reasonable duties related to enhancing the staff’s acumen in using the SIMS/SAMS product as required by Lifetime Care Solutions.
- BA/BS degree required in a related field including but not limited to training, education, software design, human services or business. MA/MS preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Access and a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software programs. Familiar with shared data resources Internet applications for disseminating “best practices” and other related resources.
- Strong knowledge of the SIMS/SAMS software suite preferred. Advanced user acumen a plus.
- Experience in developing and presenting training curricula to human service staff.
- Ability to work well in a team based setting while exhibiting a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in managing time and task.
- Ability to travel within Northeast Massachusetts to provide training at seven locations
Inquiries concerning the Lifetime SIMS Trainer should be directed to Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley. Lifetime Care Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. (posted 1/19/2018)
Community Coordinator: Age and Dementia Friendly Cape Ann
SeniorCare is the backbone agency for the Age and Dementia Friendly Cape Ann Initiative, working within the four Cape Ann Communities to create a supportive, welcoming environment where aging adults and people with dementia can thrive.
We seek a dynamic self-starter to coordinate, implement and grow the Age and Dementia Friendly Cape Ann initiative. Under the guidance of the Director of Community Programs and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and a core team at SeniorCare, this person will lead and coordinate collective impact efforts, culminating in the creation of action plans and successful community change.
This is a part-time, 20 hour per week, multi-year grant funded position.
Primary responsibilities include working with the SeniorCare team, the Age and Dementia Friendly Cape Ann steering committee and other key stakeholders to develop, initiate, and implement comprehensive strategic plans; ensuring interested community members are informed, heard and engaged; working with marketing and development teams; assisting with intern and volunteer recruitment and coordinating and conducting community trainings and presentations.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience, demonstrated organizational and communications skills including public speaking, familiarity with trends, challenges and opportunities experienced by people aging in the community and those with dementia, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team with a diverse group of stakeholders. (posted 1/8/2018)
Home Delivered Meals Driver, Beverly
This individual will deliver meals to elders in Beverly, weekdays (Monday thru Friday), approximately 2 hours per day, plus fill in extra routes to cover driver absences, as necessary. The hours would occur between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. We are seeking a Beverly area person with excellent knowledge of Beverly roads, a MA Driver’s license and reliable vehicle, who has a good rapport with older adults. (posted 1/19/2018)
All Candidates may submit letters of interest and resumes with salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, SeniorCare Inc. 49 Blackburn Center, Gloucester MA 01930. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective interns, or their advisers, may contact us at 978-281-1750 or 1-866-927-1050.
Please see our Volunteer section.